Only love lets us see normal things in an extraordinary way.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome to 2011- The year I turn 30!

At around this time 30 years ago, my mom and dad were anxiously awaiting and making plans for the birth of their first child. Being the stubborn baby I was, I chose not to cooperate with the sonogram, hence they could not tell my gender. What to do now but pick out a name for a boy as well as one for a girl ? (Kendall Austin if I was a boy, or Amanda Leigh if a girl...Amanda was later changed to Meagan after my mom's favorite book the Thornbirds) There they were, ready for the suprise. When my mom told her new friend, the homosexual man who loved Cheese Nips (and carried a box of them with him wherever he would go) that they could not determine my sex, he was convinced that I would be a girl, and insisted on calling me "little Belinda" and rubbing my mom's tummy every chance he got. Well it turns out he was right, and hear I am... minus the Belinda of course. (Thank goodness) No offense to Belinda's out there :)

With 2011 going full steam ahead we begin to make plans for my ever dreaded (only because I don't wish to keep getting older) 30th Birthday, as it is less than 6 months away! How did this come on me so fast? How is it that in less than 6 months, I will be entering a new decade of life? My handsome, and ever so sweetly taunting husband never wastes a chance to remind me that being a year older than he is, I will get to "test" the waters a full in year in advance of him at 30, 40, 50, etc. How nice! But in spite of all my fears of turning the BIG 3-0, I will welcome it with open arms, as I have no other choice, and make the most out of this year and the many more to come. I will also promise myself to remember that age old saying as next year rolls around for Daniel's 30th, and that is..."Do unto others as they do unto you!" Let the good times roll...stay tuned for details on the BIG EVENT!
~Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment